“THERE’S NO SHAME IN PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE TO BUFFON”- SZCZĘSNY

Wojciech Tomasz believes he sees himself at Juventus color in 10 years but admits playing second fiddle to Gianluigi "Gigi" Buffon is a test of his humility.

Juve signed Szczesny  last summer to become Buffon’s long-term successor between the sticks, with the veteran expected to retire at the end of the season.

“When Juve call you, you have no choice,” the former Roma and Arsenal goalkeeper told Rai Sport.

“The choice is already made for those who have ambitions and want to win trophies.
 “I came here to win every trophy possible. I was the happiest lad in the world when I exchanged my shirt with Buffon two years ago after Roma-Juventus.

“I didn’t think that one day, I’d have reached the level of being able to train with him. It’s a great experience for me.

“There’s no shame in playing second fiddle to him, knowing I’ll then have the opportunity to become the starting goalkeeper.

“The choice I made is a test of my humility. I made it for the next 10 years in mind. I’m already playing with a good level of consistency, so I’m really happy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAPOLI IS A GREAT TEAM-RB LEIPZIG CEO